More catergory and paypal problems

Issues when installing or upgrading AlegroCart
spikeycow

More catergory and paypal problems

Post by spikeycow » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:06 am

So after spending a good few days on this and trying various things including anything categories reference on the forums and to still no avail I cannot seem to create any categories, I go to Catalog > Categories > Insert I fill out the information including the name, image, products to go in the category and when I click save, the green bar saying my changes have been saved comes up but no categories are listed. I only have the English language selected.

My second problem comes when I am sorting out the paypal payment settings and when I type the return address (https://my_store/index.php?controller=checkout_process&payment=paypal&method=return&action=callback) in to the paypal website and follow the steps listed in green on alegro site it says

"You must enter a properly formatted Return URL. If you do not enter a properly formatted Return URL, which includes the Return URL requirements, Auto Return will not be turned on and applied to your Website Payment pages."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brent
Site Admin

Re: More catergory and paypal problems

Post by Brent » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:41 am

Try just creating a category with out adding in the products to see what happens.

spikeycow

Post by spikeycow » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:18 am

Hi Brent,

I have tried a variety of ways from just putting in the name, to the name and image, different images, no images etc.
I still get the same thing saying Sucess: You have updated categories but alas nothing shows. I have tried in a variety of browsers on a variety of programs. I have even re-installed 5 times, twice in clean, no images/products, and three times with all the images and products listed. Both times does the same thing.

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:27 am

At the bottom of the Paypal in admin, there is a sample URL.

Code: Select all

https://my_store/index.php?controller=checkout_process&payment=paypal&method=return&action=callback
Just substitute the domain path to your store for my_store
That is your URL for paypal callback.

Will test the category here and get back to you.

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:02 am

I just inserted a test category in admin/category and it worked just fine.
A couple of suggestions.
Try a different browser. I don't think it will make any difference, but I'm curious.
Using PhpMyAdmin, check your write permissions.
If none of these correct the issue, download the latest version again and admin category files to see if something got corrupted.

On the paypal, issue, whatever url you are using, copy into your browser and try to go to that page. If you get an server error, you have someting in the URL string incorrect.
Also, I am assuming you have the SSL set up? If not, paypal will not be able to test connection properly.

spikeycow

Post by spikeycow » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:11 pm

I have now sorted out the paypal issue, rather stupidly forgot to add the extension on the string.
As for the categories issue, working on that still now so will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

spikeycow

Post by spikeycow » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:09 pm

Still not registering the categories.

I have used Chrome, Firefox and IE and it is the same in all of them.
I have double checked myPHPadmin and all privileges are set and I have also wiped and reinstalled.

Just to make sure I am not doing something really stupid I have logged in to the admin, clicked Catalog menu, then I clicked on sub menu option Categories. I have typed in a title (both in uppercase, lowercase and with/without spaces) then selected an image to go with it and clicked save. I have repeated this process using no image, no products and with products. I can see the product I have uploaded but still no category.

leo
admin

Post by leo » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:33 pm

Is it a clean install or the normal one?
If it is about the normal process, can you see the original categories?

Do you have something in the Search field?

Go to configuration-->Setting-->Error handling tab and enable error handler.

spikeycow

Post by spikeycow » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:48 am

I have just had a friend look at it and it seems that category_hide was not created in the category table and was causing it to fail. I have been able to add categories and all seems to be working.

leo
admin

Post by leo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:11 am

Please, check Catalog/Information as well, may be you have the same issue there. Just an idea.