Updated changes not displaying

General discussion about AlegroCart - Post here if you can't find another suitable forum
ds_robert

Updated changes not displaying

Post by ds_robert » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:50 am

I have updated Catalog ==> Product ==> Product Detail Information but the changes are not displaying when I look at that product on the shop.

The details changed are the: Weight Class, Product Weight, Default Dimensions, Length, Width, Height

I have cleared cookies, cleared browsing history and refreshed the display in IE but the old details are still displaying.

Am I missing something obvious here?
Attachments
aaa002.jpg
Shop display
aaa002.jpg (98.89 KiB) Viewed 10701 times
aaa001.jpg
Details in administration area
aaa001.jpg (66.83 KiB) Viewed 10701 times

ds_robert

Re: Updated changes not displaying

Post by ds_robert » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:13 am

Just sorted this out, but I think there is a bug.

On Configuration ==> Settings ==> Store Localization I had Default Weight as Pounds and Default Linear Dimension as Inch.

The old data I had was in these units.

The updated data was in different units and that changed data was not reflected in the shop display.

Having changed the defaults for Weight and Linear Dimensions in the Store Localization settings, the new data now displays in the shop.

This is illogical to me. If I set the Catalog ==> Product ==> Product Detail Information then that should be reflected in the shop display, or else the admin interface should give me a warning that the new data changes are in conflict with the Store Localization settings and cannot be updated.

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:26 am

The settings in admin determine the defaults displayed in the catalog such a inches or cm and pounds or KG.
Anything in the product is converted to this default measure.
The reason you can use whatever unit measurement you want in product is that many products may come with imperial measure while many others come with metric. This allows the store owner to easily enter in either and the cart will convert to the store default.

ds_robert

Post by ds_robert » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:32 am

Thanks for that explanation Brent, I couldn't work out what was happening :oops:

Aliraza03

Post by Aliraza03 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:48 am

Very nice. It is a great thing to have a thought for donating but it is really good that you have donated. At least for this cause, you should grow high. Keep it up.

We offer up to date CISSP braindumps exam wikipedia questions with self paced test engine to help you Kyoto University exam and complete your ccent course ICDL you should also find ccnp wireless training for your complete VMWARE