Report bugs for version 1.2.8 here

Enter AlegroCart Bugs Here, but if you're not certain, post in General support first.
Brent
Site Admin

Report bugs for version 1.2.8 here

Post by Brent » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:58 am

Report any bugs you find for the current version here.
Please include as much detail as possible so we can recreate the conditions where this problem occurred.

gob33

Re: Report bugs for version 1.2.8 here

Post by gob33 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:23 pm

1] Undefined variable: result in ALEGROCART-1.2.8\upload\admin\controller\products_with_options.php on line 158

2] Displaying column tax name (name instead of description) in the taxes list.

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:22 pm

gob33 wrote:1] Undefined variable: result in ALEGROCART-1.2.8\upload\admin\controller\products_with_options.php on line 158

2] Displaying column tax name (name instead of description) in the taxes list.
# 1 is not a bug, just incomplete data. The product data is based on many revisions ago. The product with options data has not yet been created. In the 3 products that have options, open the product for edit, then save and the option data is automatically created. Then error then will no longer appear. In real life, this can not happen as the product option data is created and updated whenever options are added or modified. in this case it is because the product data was created before this concept was created.

Not sure where you are referring to in item 2

gob33

Post by gob33 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:46 am

2] Would like to see a tax (xxx%) "name", not just a line with the purcent. Presently, this is "description".
Compare your tax management with OpenCart or OpenShop which are more precise.

Working now on translation, i dont see really bugs but things that could be better / re-arranged.
Ex: pagination on long list could be done nice on local side with jquery and not with another server access.
I am still convinced that a change of engine with "FuelPHP" would be great for developpement.

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:43 am

gob33 wrote:2] Would like to see a tax (xxx%) "name", not just a line with the purcent. Presently, this is "description".
Compare your tax management with OpenCart or OpenShop which are more precise.

Working now on translation, i dont see really bugs but things that could be better / re-arranged.
Ex: pagination on long list could be done nice on local side with jquery and not with another server access.
I am still convinced that a change of engine with "FuelPHP" would be great for developpement.
We looked at your last suggestion, code igniter, but found too many shortcomings.
Since then, we have modified things like extensions(modules, payments, shipping) where only enabled are loaded allowing as many payment or shipping modules to be included in the download without the bloat of loading anything that is not being used. We have written our own sessions class for both better security and eliminate the PHP sessions that creates problems with extensions like sushiun.
Our goal has been to develop a lean but fast framework with as little bloat as possible. Our new admin menu, which may need further modification as it is only been done in the last month, requires only about 30 lines of code compared to the over 2000 lines in the previous menu and is much faster and we think better.
Regarding pagination, are you referring to admin or catalog?
On the catalog side, Jquery might not be a good solution when considering search engine trolling processes.

gob33

Post by gob33 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:27 am

FuelPHP try to correct CodeIgniter defaults.

For pagination, i refer to admin specially zones page but could be usefull when many categories or products.
Eg. 90 categories, 3000 products. Browsing inside with a select box becomes a pain.
A jquery pagination there is instantly as all is loaded in memory.
And Jquery UI is more and more used (trees, accordions, ...).
For entering dates, a jquery datepicker display the current calendar and is fast.

Ok, some more bugs now:

3] Admin menu items are not wide enough for translation (+15/20pix needed)

4] In homepage entries, i could enable 2 entries when cliking on the check icon in the list.

5] "Click to enlarge" is in button form except on product page.

leo
admin

Post by leo » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:27 pm

I couldn't reproduce the 3rd bug you have mentioned. We will retest it couple times.
Width of the menu could be increased as soon as we get the first translations.
Some of your suggestions are on our todo list of course.

gob33

Post by gob33 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Translation on the way tomorrow. Im testing it with the new install procedure.
Perhaps could be better to put the language install file inside each language pack and that job done by each translator.

UltraX

Post by UltraX » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:19 am

Hello

I'm currently using version 1.2.8 of alegrocart and when I'm on administrative page and go into CONFIGURATION-> SETTING a message appears at the top of the page with the following error:
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: mr_status in /home/amapa/public_html/loja/gerenciar/controller/setting.php on line 333
I would get help to solve this problem.
thanks in advance

mekga

Re: Report bugs for version 1.2.8 here logo

Post by mekga » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:06 am

Hi

Thanks for the upgrade to 1.2.8 I ran in to a problem.

I did the update, but some thing went wrong. My logo is cut in half and the top header part is out of alignment and moved up, that is actually cutting my logo in half.