How Do I Display a Different Image in Different Display Locs

Support for Template related issues
shaun250958

How Do I Display a Different Image in Different Display Locs

Post by shaun250958 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:01 pm

I have set up an ImageDisplay called SubHeader that I want to be always displayed in the SubHeader. It is enabled and the Display Location is Sub Header. All works fine.

What I now want to do is set up a different ImageDisplay with a Display Location Left Column containing a different .png.

I can set it up in ImageDisplay and enable it without a problem.

However if I include Image Display in the left column of any of my templates, the image appears in the sub header AS WELL AS the left column.

How do I set it up so that I can switch on / off different images in different locations?

:D

Brent
Site Admin

Re: How Do I Display a Different Image in Different Display

Post by Brent » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:27 am

If you want to display a different image on different pages, You can do that.
You can only have one instance on the image display per page. It can be in any location, but not 2 at the same time.
If you wanted one image to be display on every page and others to be changed by page, maybe you you use home page to display the image in the subheader and image display for the sides. It's been a long time since I wrote and tested those modules, but I think that should work for you.

shaun250958

Post by shaun250958 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Things seem to be getting worse.

When I go to Checkout I now get this error message:

Notice: Undefined index: in /home/viabel/public_html/alegro/library/cart/weight.php on line 40

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/viabel/public_html/alegro/library/cart/weight.php:40) in /home/viabel/public_html/alegro/library/environment/response.php on line 23

:(

shaun250958

Post by shaun250958 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi,

Ignore my previous post.
It appears that it was caused because I had zero stock of all of the test items in my cart.
:-)

shaun250958

Post by shaun250958 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:33 am

Hi,

Your suggestion sort of worked.
I used the Homepage to display the sub header.
I can now display the alternative image later on in the page that I want but it still appears in the sub header as well as the left margin.
I haven't been able to crack how to display different images on different pages yet.
:-)