Templates

Support for Template related issues
ido4self

Templates

Post by ido4self » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Where can I find templates for AlegroCart?

Brent
Site Admin

Re: Templates

Post by Brent » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:58 am

Check this in FAQ viewtopic.php?f=22&t=154

ds_robert

Post by ds_robert » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:37 am

Hi,

I am trying to customize the default template.

I have read through the "Template / Styles Version 1.2.3 +" topic. It refers to the "Template Manager". Is the template manager accessed by:
admin ==> Configuration ==> Templates

If it is, I have a blank list when I access this option. So, how should I amend the default template?

If the template manager is not accessed by the above sequence, please, where is it?

leo
admin

Post by leo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:55 am

Click on Insert, choose a Controller, then add modules.

ds_robert

Post by ds_robert » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:49 am

Thanks for that, Leo.

What I was hoping to find was that I could amend the default template and remove, for instance, the "Manufacturers" section that is currently appearing in the right hand side column. By clicking on templates and selecting the "Default" controller, I can only see the option to add modules, not remove any modules that are appearing by default. Does this user option exist?

leo
admin

Post by leo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:16 am

If you do not want to use Manufacturers at all. go to extensions/module and disable Catalog Manufacturer and Catalog Manufacturer Options.

With the template manager you can build your own template, so the is no possibility to remove modules. Remove a module means here, that you do not add it.

ds_robert

Post by ds_robert » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:23 am

Many thanks for that Leo. I am still finding my around!

ds_robert

Post by ds_robert » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:08 am

Many thanks for your help Leo. OK, I have now read as much as I can find and tried to understand how templates works.

1/ Am I right in believing that I could build my own default template - but that it would overwrite the default template that comes with AlegroCart when it is first installed? So, am I limited to the templates/controllers that come with the package when it is installed.

2/ What I would really like is to have two templates, namely Default and Default01:
Default would be the default template that came with the package
Default01 would be a customize template

I could then switch between Default and Default01 as and when.

For instance, would it be possible to create a copy of the Catalog/Template/Default directory and call it something like Catalog/Template/Default01 and similarly for the Styles/Default directory?

Is this possible?

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:12 am

Yes, that is the preferred way. Then you would have 2 choices appear in the admin settings. You just chose the one you want and it becomes the active template directory.

quenncy

Post by quenncy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:01 am

Brent wrote:Check this in FAQ viewtopic.php?f=22&t=154

Many thanks for the reference but it seems this is just away to edit or amend to the existing template. Is there anywhere that some are already build and ready to install and go? :P

Thanks,
Q