new feature request

Discussion for coding development or feature requests
astrosanthosh

new feature request

Post by astrosanthosh » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:34 am

hi i wanted to request few features in alegrocart next version:
1. can you give an option to send new registration data by email to shop admin mail, as sometime database may crashes, people like me not have much knowledge to check every time, if you give an option to send mail of every new registration.

2. other option i wanted is adding custom fields in registration form, as i am an astrologer, i need date, time and place of birth details of every customer, if they fill it when they register it will be easy to me and customers too. please look at this.

3. integration with main site, like putting an add to cart and check out button in main site. who ever clicks add to cart button at main site, it goes to shop, and next when they click go to main site, it goes to main site. checkout button should also available in shop as well as main site, by clicking final checkout customer redirects to shop to finalize payment details and pay.

4. shipping by phone, chat, email or manual will help up people like me.
thanks

Brent
Site Admin

Re: new feature request

Post by Brent » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:28 am

1. can you give an option to send new registration data by email to shop admin mail, as sometime database may crashes, people like me not have much knowledge to check every time, if you give an option to send mail of every new registration.
When customer registers, you get an email as well as the customer if you have your admin/settings email set to enabled.
Did you want all the customer detail included in this email?
3. integration with main site, like putting an add to cart and check out button in main site. who ever clicks add to cart button at main site, it goes to shop, and next when they click go to main site, it goes to main site. checkout button should also available in shop as well as main site, by clicking final checkout customer redirects to shop to finalize payment details and pay.
We can look at that. You can manually add these. I don't know what your main site and cart look like, but if you have a product in the main site, You would just add a link to the product page for that product in the store. It's a little time consuming, but because the framework of the cart is totally different than what I assume you main site is, at present there is no way to integrate data. You can also add a link button directly to the checkout pages. The customer will have to have an account and will have to login.
4. shipping by phone, chat, email or manual will help up people like me.
thanks
This is in progress at this time and should be included in 1.2.7
2. other option i wanted is adding custom fields in registration form, as i am an astrologer, i need date, time and place of birth details of every customer, if they fill it when they register it will be easy to me and customers too. please look at this.
We'll look at that possibility.

astrosanthosh

Post by astrosanthosh » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:24 am

thanks for your reply.
Did you want all the customer detail included in this email?
yes all data submitted by customer should be sent by email to shop owner.

astrosanthosh

Post by astrosanthosh » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:15 am

another request, please allow people to login with their facebook or other social network sites. this will be helpfull for new costumers

leo
admin

Post by leo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:25 am

I'll check what should we do to add this feature.

astrosanthosh

Post by astrosanthosh » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:42 am

is it possible to import/export products to a csv file, it will be easy to update product list offline.
sorry i am asking many requests, just wanted alegro will be the best :)

leo
admin

Post by leo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:58 am

It is on our ToDo list.

And don't hesitate to share with us your ideas.

Oistacus

Post by Oistacus » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:12 am

Leo , add also the possibility to duplicate the product .Many time there are products with similar characteristics .

astrosanthosh

Post by astrosanthosh » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:11 pm

thanks