Internal Server Error

Issues when installing or upgrading AlegroCart
effedi

Internal Server Error

Post by effedi » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:53 am

I copied the contents of the upload directory in my server, and then I started the url http://www.myste.com
I've also applied the rights 777 and 666 as instructed.
Unfortunately I get the following error:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and about postmaster@mysite.com Theme of the time the error occurred, and anything you Might Have Done That May have Caused the error.

More information about this error May Be available in the server error log.

Why?
thanks

effedi

Re: Internal Server Error

Post by effedi » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:39 pm

The problem seems to be. Htaccess file because if you delete it, even if the server responds with an error:
'/ web/htdocs/www.gpmkart.com/home/shop3/.htaccess' was not found! (Ensure you have uploaded it)

leo
admin

Post by leo » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:14 pm

What's up with a blank .htaccess file?
So, delete the its content.

Oistacus

Post by Oistacus » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:37 pm

effedi wrote:I copied the contents of the upload directory in my server, and then I started the url http://www.myste.com
I've also applied the rights 777 and 666 as instructed.
Unfortunately I get the following error:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and about postmaster@mysite.com Theme of the time the error occurred, and anything you Might Have Done That May have Caused ........ks
Hi,
Today i have uploaded the shop's folder on the server .
in this server there is another oscommerce and it works fine .
When i run the url of my shop , i have same problem . Can you tell me about the file .htaccess ???
I have tried to' delete it , copy and past from another folder , but nothing !
Can you help me ?

leo
admin

Post by leo » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:08 pm

You cannot simply upload your files from your local computer to the server and run it as you bypass the install process.
I suggest you to download, unzip and upload AC1.2.6 to the production server, install it.
Check if it works.
If everything is fine upload your modifications to the server, overwriting its content but please don not modify or overwrite the .htaccess and the config.php!
The content of the .htaccess and the config.php files are modified by the installer during the install process.

Oistacus

Post by Oistacus » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:54 pm

leo wrote:You cannot simply upload your files from your local computer to the server and run it as you bypass the install process.
I suggest you to download, unzip and upload AC1.2.6 to the production server, install it.
Check if it works.
If everything is fine upload your modifications to the server, overwriting its content but please don not modify or overwrite the .htaccess and the config.php!
The content of the .htaccess and the config.php files are modified by the installer during the install process.
I upload the file unzipped from AC1.2.6 . I changed the rights folder and visit the url .
In the browser I see this :

Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator

I don't change any file ! I have change only the rights of folder in 755 and the file config and htaccess in 666 . Dont WORKS

Oistacus

Post by Oistacus » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:08 pm

This is the error in the file log of my server : mysite.it/home/store/.htaccess: Option FollowSymlinks not allowed here .

What's mean ?

leo
admin

Post by leo » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:24 pm

Change in the .htaccess file this
Options +FollowSymLinks
to:
# Options +FollowSymLinks

Oistacus

Post by Oistacus » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:47 pm

I'm looking for this error and I read this page : http://ask-leo.com/whats_an_internal_se ... ix_it.html

but I dont understand so much .....

leo
admin

Post by leo » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:53 pm

Have you tried my suggestion?