Report bugs Version 1.2.2 beta

Enter AlegroCart Bugs Here, but if you're not certain, post in General support first.
gob33

Re: Report bugs Version 1.2.2 beta

Post by gob33 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:13 am

Re-downloaded 1.2.2beta and do reinstallation.
The new version gives me errors.
The best way is you try with my language to see whats wrong.
Attachments
french_language_pack_1.2.2beta.zip
** This is a DRAFT **
(87.47 KiB) Downloaded 553 times

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:32 am

I just installed package.
These are my database settings
* Language Name: French
* Code (en,de,etc): fr
* Flag Image (en.png,de.gif,etc): fr.png
* Directory (english,german,etc): french
* Main Filename (english.php,german.php,etc): french.php
Sort Order: 2

Seems to work perfect.
in admin, I click french flag and language changes.
same in catalog?

Exactly what errors are you getting?

gob33

Post by gob33 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:45 am

Have put french as default (1) and:

Code: Select all

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: H??inconnu. in D:\Broc\ALEGROCART-1.2.2beta\upload\library\cart\currency.php on line 74
Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.google.com/finance/converter?a=1&from=EUR&to=CAD) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: H??inconnu. in D:\Broc\ALEGROCART-1.2.2beta\upload\library\cart\currency.php on line 74

Error: Could not load language data from french!
Warning: mb_internal_encoding() [function.mb-internal-encoding]: Unknown encoding "CHARSET" in D:\Broc\ALEGROCART-1.2.2beta\upload\library\language\language.php on line 287

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Hôte inconnu. in D:\Broc\ALEGROCART-1.2.2beta\upload\library\cart\currency.php on line 74

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.google.com/finance/converter?a=1&from=EUR&to=CAD) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Hôte inconnu. in D:\Broc\ALEGROCART-1.2.2beta\upload\library\cart\currency.php on line 74

Warning: mb_internal_encoding() [function.mb-internal-encoding]: Unknown encoding "CHARSET" in D:\Broc\ALEGROCART-1.2.2beta\upload\library\language\language.php on line 287

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:58 am

Wrong
You cannot do that. As this cart was originally designed English, English is the default language.
Everything falls back to English for safety sake. We had too many problems with people deleting wrong languages.

You need to leave English as id 1.
As I did, set up french and id is automatic.
This does not mean you can't have french as default.
You just set it in settings for catalog and admin as the default language.

gob33

Post by gob33 » Sat May 01, 2010 9:34 am

Hope nobody has the same idea as me, if put '1', cant get out then.

07] Have conversion pb. If you choose a currency other than Canadian dollar in admin, I have displayed

Code: Select all

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: H??inconnu. in D:\Broc\ALEGROCART-1.2.2beta\upload\library\cart\currency.php on line 74
Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.google.com/finance/converter?a=1&from=EUR&to=CAD) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: H??inconnu. in D:\Broc\ALEGROCART-1.2.2beta\upload\library\cart\currency.php on line 74
08] Would like to create an account but at validation, it says always that my email is invalid.
And have tested with my true real email ! Seems preg_match(VALIDATE_EMAIL) is broken.

09] In ALEGROCART-1.2.2beta/upload/admin/?controller=report_viewed
I have red horizontal bars always full, even if percentage not 100% (except for 0% values)
Seems that I have seen them good in 1.2.1

10] Products tabs are too small in shop for text translated to take place.

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Sat May 01, 2010 11:38 am

07] Have conversion pb. If you choose a currency other than Canadian dollar in admin, I have displayed
Means your server cannot make connection with Google Server.
I just updated the rates on the fresh install I did to test language and it updated fine. Are you connected to the net with your server.
08] Would like to create an account but at validation, it says always that my email is invalid.
And have tested with my true real email ! Seems preg_match(VALIDATE_EMAIL) is broken
The code for mail is unchanged from 1.2.1
Do you have a valid SMPT set up in PHP config and are yyou connected to the net..
I just set one up on XAMPP server and worked fine.
Validate email checks the format of the email as well as does a real MX check for valid MX record.
This means internet access required to work.
09] In ALEGROCART-1.2.2beta/upload/admin/?controller=report_viewed
I have red horizontal bars always full, even if percentage not 100% (except for 0% values)
Seems that I have seen them good in 1.2.1
The difference is, If you checked these in 1.2.1, you would have got no results at all in French.
Click the English tab and you will see the difference.
Same thing applies in product. Before, in French you would see not products in list view due to no French product name.
Now, you see in either view whether you have the French name there yet or not.
10] Products tabs are too small in shop for text translated to take place.
I noticed that when testing your language file.
I'll modify the tabs in catalog and admin.

gob33

Post by gob33 » Sat May 01, 2010 4:08 pm

07] My dev machine is independant from Internet because fear of virus and lost work.
I test in localhost and in that case querying Google should abort itself without an error.

08] Ok. My email not configured as no connection. That means I cannot complete a test account
(unless disable it in code). Others e-commerce software have not such contraints.

09] Was just thinking too it was a french/english result. Will see again...

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Sat May 01, 2010 4:24 pm

I'll see about putting in a setting whether to do a valid MX check or not.
I think the reason it is not a problem in other carts is that they don't do MX check.
I added that in because many times customers key in the wrong email account.
This at least checks for a valid mail server.

I'll add the currency check.

Zip below has mods in mail_check and currency that handle offline testing.
They won't affect online live testing.
ps Euro symbol on left, change to right. Fixed in SQL
Pound symbol corrupted in install. You can change. Fixed is SQL
Attachments
Mail Fix.zip
Mail & Currency for offline
(2.85 KiB) Downloaded 577 times

gob33

Post by gob33 » Sun May 02, 2010 9:23 am

Ok, dezipped and created an account. Testing orders now ...
How you translate 'OnHand' ?? Is it equals to 'In Stock' ?

11] on the 'my account' page, text wraps too short.

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Sun May 02, 2010 11:30 am

Yes, Onhand is instock.

A lot of the pages like Account will be changed.
In the template manager I am working on, most of the account pages will be 2 column with the content being wider.