Shipping Problem

General discussion about AlegroCart - Post here if you can't find another suitable forum
ds_robert

Shipping Problem

Post by ds_robert » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:25 am

Hi,

I have a problem with costing up our shipping.

What we currently do is offer free shipping on selected products at selected times. This is not related to the weight of the product, but may be dependent on the destination that we are shipping to.

Basically, we want the facility to mark individual products as free shipping for individual destination zones. However, other products being shipped to the same destination zones may incur shipping charges.

Is there a way to do this?

Brent
Site Admin

Re: Shipping Problem

Post by Brent » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Not really. It is hard to have specific products have free shipping to some locations and not others when you have other products that this is not applicable to.
The only thing I can think of is to play with the coupon on these products to enable the free shipping.

ds_robert

Post by ds_robert » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:25 am

Unfortunately, that's what I thought the answer would be as I had spent some considerable time looking at the various options. I had already looked at using coupons but it isn't practical for the purpose we need :cry:

Many thanks for the quick reply though, Brent. Your support is much appreciated.

Razaali1

Post by Razaali1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:58 am

I thing all the regex functions have been replaced as I do all my testing and development work with 5.3 .
If you find any let us know.