impossible to create categories

General discussion about AlegroCart - Post here if you can't find another suitable forum
rossi

impossible to create categories

Post by rossi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:15 am

hello
performing a new installation, I do not have the possibility to create categories, whenever metendochi category name, turn the page but it is lostessa screen, without confirmation of success, imposibile visualizare even the photos in the folder to add an image to the category.
in the instalation of deffault everything works normally.
can you help me please?. thanks in advance :?:

Brent
Site Admin

Re: impossible to create categories

Post by Brent » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:52 am

Because you have done a clean install, there are no images in your database.
All you need to do is got to the admin/image and all the images in your image folder are automatically added to the database.
Now go back to category and you will find the images are now available. You can then create and add new categories.

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:26 am

I tried to add picture in picture, nothing changes. folder contains a little image of the program

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:04 am

Did you select the picture for the category. Each category requires an image of some kind to be associated with it.
There are 2 required items when creating a categroy, the Name and an Image.

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:27 am

I solved problem, Administrator / images and I pressed the button, ENABLE / DISABLE and then all images appeared.
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU GREAT.
I wanted to ask you something, i have to buy a hosting with mysql database , how many mb of space do I need to insert
10000 articles? Thanks

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:24 pm

You only need about 20 meg to start with, but I would never recommend going less than 100meg.
First, if they have small Meg allotment, the band width is probalby also small and the alloted number of connections will be low. They also may have hundreds if not thousands of sites on the server. With all these issues, you site will be slow, you will have fropped visitors, all of which is bad for your business.

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:30 pm

grazie di tutto :)