paypal return/callback url

General discussion about AlegroCart - Post here if you can't find another suitable forum
rvcky

paypal return/callback url

Post by rvcky » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:46 pm

When setting up paypal I need to enter a url to the call back page. How do I find that address?
Thanks Jack

Brent
Site Admin

Re: paypal return/callback url

Post by Brent » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:15 am

In Admin-PayPal, there is an example callback URL. Just replace the domain portion of the path with the path to your site.

rvcky

Post by rvcky » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:46 pm

Thanks for the help. I must have miss typed before becouse it woked this time. Is there way to look at and edit the return page. I can't seem to find it.

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:16 am

What do you want to change on the return page.
We can give some advice better if we know what changes you would like.

rvcky

Post by rvcky » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:22 pm

Sorry for the delay. I was not wanting to make any changes just wanted to see what it said. I went though paypal sandbox and now I know what the success page lookl like.
After using the sand box I found that if the custumer does not click to return to the catalog the catalog does not know the purchase was complete. the exception is if the custumer uses their paypal account then auto return will gring them back if they use instant creditcard payment as paypal guest then only if that person clicks return to cart will the cart know to remove the item from inventory and from that persons cart. I am told to use IPN .
Does Alegor cart have the capabiltity to incorporate this process and if so where to I place it?