Alternate template for AlegroCart 1.2.6.
1. you have to have AC1.2.6 installed
2. download the attached zip file
3. unzip it
4. copy the content of the /white/image directory to your /image directory (Please note, that this step overwrites your original images. So, if you have customized images, you have to decide to keep them or overwrite them).
5. copy the whole /white/catalog/styles/leo directory into your /catalog/styles directory, next to the default one (i.e. not into it!).
6. copy the whole /white/catalog/template/leo directory into your /catalog/template directory, next to the default one (i.e. not into it!).
You are ready. Now you have to commit some changes in the Admin to have exactly the same layout.
Log into Admin:
1. check that at least the following modules are installed: Catalog Featured, Catalog Latest, Catalog Popular, Catalog Related, Developer, Catalog Specials, Catalog Information, so go to Extensions/Module. To install a module click on the "+" icon.
2. go to Configuration/Setting
3. on the Shop/Setup tab set:
Template to leo,
Page columns to 3,
Style to leo,
Color to white.css
4. on Options: Tax, RSS, Logos tab my settings are:
5. go to Configuration/Home Page and modify the Home Page Module by clicking on the update icon according to your needs. Fill in meta tags, add welcome message and image to your home page if you like.
6. go to Configuration/Templates and click on the Insert button.
7. select Home Page (home) as the main controller
Number of Page columns to default,
Page Color to white.css,
Status to Enabled.
9. my settings on the Left Column tab:
10. on the Page Bottom tab:
11. leave the other tabs unchanged and click Save.
Just to give you an idea. If you would like to have 2 column layout e.g. on the Cart, click Insert, select Shopping Cart (cart) as the main controller, set Number of Page columns to 2, Page Color to white.css, Status to Enabled, and click Save.
12. to add or remove the Add to cart button e.g. on the Latest Products, go to Extensions/Module, search for Catalog Latest, click on the wrench icon and Enable/Disable the Add To Cart Feature. You can choose here from different built-in Image Display methods like Fancybox, Lightbox, Thickbox, image link or No_Image.
13. go to Extensions/Module and search for Developer. Click on the wrench icon, change Developer to your or your company's name and add your website link as well.
Play with the settings, change the layout and have fun.
Template and Styles Contributions
1 post • Page 1 of 1