Multi Vendor Weight Based Shipping

Post your requests for commercial coding quotes here.
This is for requests only, not advertising.
Bluesplayer

Multi Vendor Weight Based Shipping

Post by Bluesplayer » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:00 am

Hi

I have been searching the net see if I could pick up some pointers on this as I realise without it I am in a bit of a pickle. I found this addon for Opencart which is doing exactly what I would like though it requires another addon to work. This is more or less what I need:
Weight based shipping per vendor
Example :
5:15,10:30,9999:200

0kg < Weight < 5kg => shipping cost USD 15
5kg < weight < 10kg => shipping cost USD 30
10kg < weight < 9999kg => shipping cost USD 200

Customer purchase Product A & Product B from store, Product A & Product B are from different vendors.

Product A (Vendor A) = 3kg
Product B (Vendor B) = 3kg

This shipping module will calculate total shipping cost (Product_A [3kg]) + Product_B [3kg]) = USD 30
To keep it as simple as possible the same shipping costs can be applied to each supplier.

Is the above too difficult to code? If you think you can do then please give me a quote for the work.

Regards

leo
admin

Re: Multi Vendor Weight Based Shipping

Post by leo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:33 am

I am having guest this weekend, so little patient, I need time to thinking.
As for the admin, is it good for you if our zone shipping module will be modified and on the data tab you will see as many manufacturers tab you have added before? Just an idea.

Bluesplayer

Post by Bluesplayer » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:24 pm

Not sure I follow you. The manufacturers seem to be separate from the shipping. Thing is about the manufacturers there can be a few from the same supplier. All the changes need to be with regard to the cart doesn't it and the ability to seperate the suppliers I have? As the script is now there isn't any data that can be added to identify the suppliers.

leo
admin

Post by leo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:22 am

Bluesplayer wrote:Not sure I follow you.
Me, neither. :D Now it is clear. So, first we need a vendor menu entry in the admin to add vendors as well.

Bluesplayer

Post by Bluesplayer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:49 pm

If you can pull this off I should think you will have more people wanting to use this shopping cart. It is the solution for all dropshippers like myself. I will post about it in various places too such as on Facebook and other affiliate / dropshipping forums. Oscommerce has it on an old version but not the new. Nearly all the other shopping carts do not have it available either, though the one I mentioned - Opencart - does but it costs quite a bit of money as it requires other modules to run.

leo
admin

Post by leo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:03 pm

I have decided to add to the core. I need your help and assistance as I do not have experience with this kind of shipping. I am collecting information and will contact you to clear the details.

Bluesplayer

Post by Bluesplayer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:07 pm

leo wrote:I have decided to add to the core. I need your help and assistance as I do not have experience with this kind of shipping. I am collecting information and will contact you to clear the details.
Sure, I am available at most times and would be happy to help.

Bluesplayer

Post by Bluesplayer » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:32 am

Any news on this?

I have had more suppliers accepting the site and I am ready to rock and roll with adding stuff and advertising stuff :) .

leo
admin

Post by leo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:31 am

This module affect lots of other modules.
It seems that the whole shipping module should be rewritten. We do not want to overcomplicate it, so we try to find the best and easiest way. The most complicated part is the catalog.

Bluesplayer

Post by Bluesplayer » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:34 am

Darn and heres me thinking it was going to be a quick fix :cry: .

Oh well keep up the good work.

Best of luck.