Request: Related products module

Discussion for coding development or feature requests
cmebd

Request: Related products module

Post by cmebd » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi Brent,

Would love to have a module for related products - one that could be incorporated into a sidebar slideshow against the main relevant product.

Would also be good to have a vice-versa mode ie, if one choses a selection of related products then that product is included when one/each of the other products is selected.

Hope all the above makes sense.

cheers
Christine

Brent
Site Admin

Re: Request: Related products module

Post by Brent » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:36 am

We already have related products.
A sample on the demo Here
You set related items for a particular product. It is not reciprocal.
Some problems with that are usually you have an item work $100.00. There may be 3 or 4 items worth 10.00 that are accessories or something the adds to the functionality of the main product. Listing these creates extra sales.
If you use the reciprocal, you may have dozens of main products the will use the accessory.
I have the basic cart set up to show related products in the side bar if available, or else specials if not.
This can be modified in Template manager.

cmebd

Post by cmebd » Sat May 21, 2011 8:51 pm

Hi Brent,

Could I go one step further - and I am unsure whether it can be done fairly simply/well with Alegro - but have related products in a sidebar/slideshow (jscript or other) would be most advantageous. It would allow for many "related" products to be shown without filling the column. It doesn't necessarily need a description - just the name or sku and a price.

Cheers
Christine

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Sun May 22, 2011 6:17 am

I don't think it would be that difficult.
I'll try it out when I get a moment.