Product by Shipping Zone

General Support for technical Issues relating to AlegroCart
ds_robert

Product by Shipping Zone

Post by ds_robert » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:18 am

Hi,

We need to be able to prevent certain items from being shipped to certain shipping zones. For example, for a person with an address in Germany we would like them to be able to order product AA, but inhibit them from ordering product BB.

Is this possible? If so, can anyone point me in the direction of the relevant documentation or give me a brief outline of how we would do this?

Many thanks.

leo
admin

Re: Product by Shipping Zone

Post by leo » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:50 pm

How do you imagine it? Customer cannot add product BB to the cart, or cannot check out if product BB has been added to the cart?

ds_robert

Post by ds_robert » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:20 am

Thanks for the reply leo. Sorry I'm late in responding, I have been away from the office these last few days.

We would like the customer not to be able to add BB to the cart. But, I don't think that this is really feasible because:
  • The customer might not be logged in when they first select items to add to their cart
    The customer may reside in one shipping zone but wishes to have the items delivered to another shipping zone
So, I guess, when the customer goes to check out with item BB in their cart, and if the delivery address is in a prohibited zone, then we would like an error message to display and the checkout prevented.

leo
admin

Post by leo » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:32 am

I have come to the same conclusion. I will check how to proceed.