Is this the right choice for us?

General Support for technical Issues relating to AlegroCart
betrlife

Is this the right choice for us?

Post by betrlife » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:21 am

We are looking to set up an employee store for a customer. I have tried a couple of other softwares such as PrestaShop and Avactis but the sticking point for us has been the ability to start each employee with an allowance, $200 in this case, and for the store to keep track of how much has been spent and for the employee to see how much they have remaining when they log in. Before we go ahead and install this program, does anyone know if that is possible in AlegroCart? I have tried setting up vouchers in the other programs but have not had any success. We will not be using the billing and shipping functions at all, which should simplify things, but the personal account balances has proven to be more difficult to achieve than originally thought. Thanks in advance for any help.

Brent
Site Admin

Re: Is this the right choice for us?

Post by Brent » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:04 pm

We don't have that function in the cart right now. Give us a day and we can see what is entailed to add that ability. I don't think it will be that difficult.

betrlife

Post by betrlife » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:07 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, Brent. I look forward to hearing from you.

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:44 am

This process will require several things that are on our to do list, but it would not be fast to implement as these are quite involved. This would require modifications to every controller in the catalog area as well as modules to be added in admin to implement the process.
It's not something that could be done quickly. As far as I know, no other cart has this feature. It is usually a custom written application. I did have the name of a company who specializes in this type of application. I will try to find it a post back here.

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:25 am

Sorry, I guess I don't know where to point you. The company I was going to suggest have migrated to building specialty applications more for cell phones and do not do web apps anymore.
At a later date when we have added a few more essentials that would be required to run an employee store, this could be added to this cart, but at this time, it would not be very easily done.

betrlife

Post by betrlife » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:36 am

Thanks for your help. I will keep looking.