Image Folder

General Support for technical Issues relating to AlegroCart
quenncy

Image Folder

Post by quenncy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:22 pm

Hey Guys, Maybe someone can help. I have done a quick search on "image folder" but didn't come up with my answer. Does anyone know why after a LARGE amount of pictures has be moved/uploaded to the image folder that the admin side will timeout on most links you click on to navigate, especially when adding New Products or New Images? Is there a certain MB cut off for the image folder? Also why with permissions set to 755 other images not be seen in a New Folder with in the image folder?

Running Ver 1.2.8

Thanks in Advance. :D

leo
admin

Re: Image Folder

Post by leo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:11 am

If you add large amount of pictures in one step, it could slow down the server as the images will be resized.
If you upload 1 image into the /image directory, that will result 4-5 resized images in the /image/cache directory.
So, add images in smaller packages or wait patiently as long as the resize process finishes. ;)

quenncy

Post by quenncy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:24 pm

leo wrote:If you add large amount of pictures in one step, it could slow down the server as the images will be resized.
If you upload 1 image into the /image directory, that will result 4-5 resized images in the /image/cache directory.
So, add images in smaller packages or wait patiently as long as the resize process finishes. ;)
Makes total since. Thanks for reminding me.

Do you know if or why other images can not be seen in a New Folder with in the IMAGE folder even with permissions set to 755? My reasoning of this is to better organize my images.

Cheers,
Q :D

leo
admin

Post by leo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:57 pm

The script is not looking for images in subdirs.

quenncy

Post by quenncy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:33 pm

leo wrote:The script is not looking for images in subdirs.
Understood, thanks for your kind answer.
Q :)