Category settings

General Support for technical Issues relating to AlegroCart
Bluesplayer

Category settings

Post by Bluesplayer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:43 pm

Sorry for firing so many questions at you but I suppose it is part and parcel of setting up a new shop. Anyways my concern at the moment is that my site has been accepted by quite a few product manufacturers and there will be a great many products listed soon. I have to find a way to display a lot of products quite quickly. I can't seem to figure out how to get the categories to display more than 4 products at a time. I have set the category options module to display 4 columns but that doesn't seem to do anything. Am I missing something?

Bluesplayer

Re: Category settings

Post by Bluesplayer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:41 pm

Blow me it is working now - 4 columns showing :) . Is it the cache causing me problems when I adjust stuff?

UPDATE
Worked it out it is the cookie that is causing me to get a little confused. I need to remove the site cookie whenever I adjust something.

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:04 pm

You should not need to remove the cookie. Check you browser to see if it is caching pages. If so, turn that off. Otherwise, all you need to do is hit the refresh button and it will force a page load.

Bluesplayer

Post by Bluesplayer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:09 pm

Thanks

I eventually realized my browser was caching stuff. You live and learn - hopefully...

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:36 pm

You're doing just fine. With a new cart like this, there is a lot to learn. I Leo and I didn't write the code, we probably would get lost at times.