music downloads

General Support for technical Issues relating to AlegroCart
mike24williams

music downloads

Post by mike24williams » Mon May 23, 2011 10:40 pm

I am setting up a band website and they want to sell their music accross the internet. Can you use alegro cart to carry out this function. I have added the mp3 files to the down load section but cannot see any further options to facilatate the download. It could just be me but if you could offer any advice I would be greatful.

Best Regards

mike

leo
admin

Re: music downloads

Post by leo » Tue May 24, 2011 1:44 am

1. Go to Configuration--> Localization --> Order status. The default status is Pending.
2. Go to Configuration--> Setting--> Product Download tab and enable Download. Download status is Complete. That means your customer could download your mp3 file if the shop owner changes the Order status from the previously set Pending to Complete (see later).
3. Go to Catalog--> Download. Click insert and fill in the Name (this will be displayed for the customers in the download section on the account download page) and upload the file. The Mask is generated automatically. Save the changes.
4. Go to Catalog--> Product. On the Product Download tab choose your file in the list by clicking on it. On the Product Detail Information tab check the In Stock Quantity. Set it to 1 (at least).
5. Process a test order.
6. The new order will appear under Customers--> Order. Click on the update icon. Under Order Update you will see that the current status is Pending. That's why your customer gets the following message: You have not made any previous downloadable orders! As soon as you change the status of this order to Complete the downloadable file is reachable under My Account--> My Orders--> Downloads in the catalog.

mike24williams

Re: music downloads

Post by mike24williams » Wed May 25, 2011 12:53 am

Thank you leo for your quick reply. I will try this today.

Regards

Mike