URL Alias

General Support for technical Issues relating to AlegroCart
Beachgirl

Re: URL Alias

Post by Beachgirl » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:41 am

Was it the right file at all? There are category files in content and module. These are the files that I loaded to the live server. I'm throwing in the layout one too because I did some modifications there as well.
Attachments
New files.zip
(3.55 KiB) Downloaded 367 times

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:11 am

I don't see anything in these that would cause a problem.
From the download, could you check the catalog/controller/category.php and make sure is matches the one you uploaded.
Also check catalog/model/product/ model_category.php and model_products.php
I'm sure they are OK or it would not work with URL alias off.
What you have happening on the live server appears to be a path problem. Got to think on that.

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:54 am

Could you do this as test.
Create a new folder on your local server, just call it cart or something.
create a new test database, copy all the files in the upload folder from the original Alegrocart download
and install it.
Make sure the categories and subcats work. Then turn on url alias and try again. Don't generate SEO yet.
If it all works, then generate the SEO and try with that.
I need to see where the error starts. I have the download running on a WAMP server on one of my PC at the office and it works fine with SEO.

Beachgirl

Post by Beachgirl » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:59 am

I checked catalog/controller/category.php, catalog/model/product/ model_category.php and model_products.php ... these are all identical to the original download. I'll run that test next.

Beachgirl

Post by Beachgirl » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:22 pm

Here are the results from the test: I first checked to see that categories and subcats work - they do. After turning url alias on, none of the links work execpt for the index. I then changed the .htaccess file to say "RewriteBase / cart/" and this did not change anything, I also tried "RewriteBase/cart/" removing the spaces (not sure if spaces are suppose to be there) .. still the same, only the index page will work. I did not generate any SEO as of yet.

I've been trying to read the forum link you posted but its a bit technical for me, I'll just keep reading it over and over and I'll figure it out :)

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:36 pm

In you WAMP server, I think the apache is in /bin/apache.
Look for httpd.conf and open in your text editor.
Look of this line. About line 122.

Code: Select all

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
If it has # at the start or the line, remove the #. That comments out the line.
Next, look for this block. About line 250.

Code: Select all

<IfModule dir_module>
   DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
</IfModule>
The index.php is the default file for apache to look for. If it is not there, add it.
After you make changes, you need to stop the apache server and restart for changes to take affect.

Beachgirl

Post by Beachgirl » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:28 pm

I have 2 of these files:

1. apache2/conf/httpd.conf - this one looks exactly like you posted (no # and includes the index.php)
2. apache2/conf/original/httpd.conf - this one does have the # and index.php is missing

I'll make the changes to the 2nd file. Could you please tell me how to restart the apache server? Sorry for some of these really stupid questions .... I'm learning a lot today ;)

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:34 pm

I am assuming there is a WAMP control panel. You open it up, stop the sever, and start it again.
Also, what version of php is this using. It is something you just got recently.?

Another question.
is your path in the wamp server C:\wamp\www\upload.
I just had to run into my office and checked the WAMP server there.
The path to the website is C:\wamp\www\alegro
It will not run without RewriteBase /alegro/
I get a server error if the rewrite base is not specified to alegro, which is the site root folder.

I know on these windows servers, sometimes the site will run without it, but not this one.

Beachgirl

Post by Beachgirl » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:17 pm

Thanks, under the program menu it has a services folder with start/stop ... nothing like a control panel (that would be nice - lol) PHP Version 5.2.14
I downloaded these just about a month ago, so I would assume they are up to date.
I did restart it but no change.
The path is c:\program files\bitnami wampstack\apache2\upload
I have RewriteBase / cart/ (still using the test version)

leo
admin

Post by leo » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:44 pm

In your test AC version go to Admin--> System--> Server Info. Under Configuration/Loaded Modul you have to see mod_rewrite if your server is set up correctly.