Module Development

Support for coding, modules or other software issues
CodeBull

Module Development

Post by CodeBull » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Dear Developer(s),

Thank you for developing such a wonderful opersource cart software. :D I am very new to this cart as well as this forum. I have found several payment moduls here in your main script but the problem is PayPal and Credit Card payment is not supported in my country, Bangladesh. I want to develop AlertPay and Skrill (Moneybookers) payment module. Is there any support topic for developing module? I know to PHP, mySQL, jQuery etc.

Your kind answer will help me alot.

Best regards

leo
admin

Re: Module Development

Post by leo » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:12 am

Hi,

Welcome to our forum. If you need help, just open a new topic e.g. under Coding Support and we'll support you.
br
Leo

gob33

Post by gob33 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:13 am

I have tried to do a portage on Alegro 1.2.8 of one of my shipping modules i have written for OpenCart.
I would like to say here that it is difficult even if Alegro is an OpenCart fork.

The main problem is the Alegro code is too "old". OpenCart as nearly the same classes but has evolved since. Methods have been more or less rewritten (parameters) and are more proof. I got php errors in Alegro where it passes in OpenCart.
Error in shipping methods structure prevented me to finish my portage. I got stuck.

I dont see guys delopping extensions in Alegro if the core do not evolve from what it is now, i.e an old modified version of OpenCart.

leo
admin

Post by leo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:30 am

Thank you for your effort in trying to support us. Please take into consideration, that AC is not OC1.x fork, it just was an OC0.7x fork. I would like to emphasize the usage of past tense. Summa summarum AC!=OC. We have no intention to copy other carts. OC is a great cart but we have own way.
As for the errors you got, we can help you, but detailed information or code is needed.

gob33

Post by gob33 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:20 am

Yeah, you could be different in functionalities than OC, but having the same calls (or an equivalent) in library and classes help A LOT doing a portage. And as it is a fork, copying more or less the OC changes in code dont hurt me.

My error is deep in shipping methods structure and for a special case where it breaks an if(). Dont think it's worth building an extension whithout having sure core. Will see...