No Output - Fresh Installation

Support for coding, modules or other software issues
PeteST

No Output - Fresh Installation

Post by PeteST » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:56 am

Hi,

I recently installed AlegroCart in order to develop a payment module. I was able to install the software correctly and get quite far into development but I have turned my development machine on this-morning and Alegro cart is not running correctly. When I attempt to access the store homepage or the admin homepage (after logging in; I am able to login) then a white screen - no output - is displayed. Furthermore, the page is taking much longer to load. Close to 30 seconds, perhaps.

I have reinstalled AlegroCart (with a new database) numerous times now, thinking that I must have corrupted something inadvertantly, but am still getting this problem. The Apache error log says nothing and the access log gives me a 200 status for the requested page. The AlegroCart logs are empty and no PHP warnings are displayed (error_reporting is set to E_ALL | E_STRICT and display_errors is set to 1 both locally and globally).

I attempted a little debugging and found that it was the controller's dispatch() method that was causing the delay. See the two excerpts of code and their output below:

function dispatch(&$request) {
$action = $this->requestHandler($request);
var_dump($action);echo 'a.<br>';

array(2) { ["class"]=> string(4) "home" ["method"]=> string(5) "index" }

function execute($action) {
var_dump($action);

array(2) { ["class"]=> string(11) "maintenance" ["method"]=> string(16) "CheckMaintenance" } array(2) { ["class"]=> string(4) "home" ["method"]=> string(5) "index" }

I'm not sure if that well help. Am I missing something painfully obvious? Any advice you can offer would be great. Thank you.

PHP 5.3, Apache 2.2, XAMPP installation running on localhost.

Edit: I just tried in another browser (Opera 11.52) and it displays correctly. This makes no sense, since I was developing on Firefox 8 yesterday with no problem.

leo
admin

Re: No Output - Fresh Installation

Post by leo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:09 am

FF8.0 behaves sometimes very interesting. I kindly suggest you to upgrade to 8.0.1. That is OK.
Brent has run into a cache problem during the new session handler development and reported FF.

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:25 am

I am curious.
When you did your dump, what where the arrays you got in the 2 functions.

And yes, as Leo pointed out, I had issues developing the new sessions class with Firefox.
The cache systems in Firefox 8.0 and previous has bugs. It screws up Javascript as well. I had Issues with the new CKeditor as well. Clear the cache and you should be back to normal.

PeteST

Post by PeteST » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:05 am

Hi,

Thank you both for your replies. Clearing the Firefox cache did resolve the problem.

Just so you are aware, I have also encountered this issue in Opera 11.52 (but not, it seems, as frequently).

Brent: I am afraid that I've since removed all debugging calls that I added so I can't give you the information you are after!

Thanks once again,

Peter

Andersan

Post by Andersan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:31 am

I want to have a quick selecting from dropdown-selection-box for a quick shopping cart.

We are the leading the world in providing best Hobe Sound Bible College and Transcender - 642-035 prep solutions. Our incredible offers for Intel and Real 1z0-058 exam accessible at reasonable prices; our Youtube is very rare in IT world.
Last edited by Andersan on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

leo
admin

Post by leo » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:40 am

What would you like to select from that dropdown-box? Please, give us more information.