Replacing Images

Support for Template related issues
rayandlola

Replacing Images

Post by rayandlola » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi

I am totally new to Alegro Cart and I am tryign to upload and upgrade the website by repalcing images for criteria such as manufacturer. the problem I have is that I upload a new Manufacturer Image to replace an existing one I dont wish to use from the default setup. My Image uploazds to my server, Shows clearly that it is there both in my file manager and my FTP program. I then Delete the Picture I don't want . In this case "featured3" and walla. My Image doesn't display and according to Admin, Catalog, Manufacturer Cancun, the 1st manufacturer I am trying to change the drop down menu is still showing "featured3 " and not the Uploaded "Canon" Image I have replaced it with. The odd thing here is "featured3" has been deleted and is no longer there so why is the drop down menu NOT showing the correct Image list? Without this I cannot upgrade or upload any Images.

leo
admin

Re: Replacing Images

Post by leo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:20 pm

Upload your image(s) to your /image directory, and then go to Admin->Catalog->Image. Without this step your administration won't know that you have new image(s).

rayandlola

Post by rayandlola » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:23 pm

Thank You for the quick reply Leo. I didn't figure that out but did suddenly have images appear by deleting the Old images first from whatever part of the site they were in.

I have noticed that the uploads don't appear as quick as i thought they would but they are now appearing. I do have a quick question though. Which is the best browser for This Cart. When I am updating I am noticing that IE9 doesn't always display the full content and so I tried Google and sometimes it does and then it doesn't and I spend a lot of time trying to get the browser to display correctly. Is it Settings within Admin causing this because I am initially do some many changes at one time.

Thanks in anticipation of your reply

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:15 pm

I would suggest the best method of deleting images is in the admin/image. It not only deletes the image, but removes the database entry.

The cart should work fine with most modern browsers.
Is this full content issue width. You can try setting your screen resolution a little higher.
Leo and I are both Firefox users.

rayandlola

Post by rayandlola » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi

No! the Full screen is not full content width issue. The width of the content is fine. It was with IE9 where parts of the additions I was adding to the site weren't displaying but were on Google Chrome, but sometimes, even there they weren't showing. I have figured out most of these issues now with your comments and trial and error by back tracking links from the pages in question.

The only issue i am having presently is Tax Rates. I can find the module for creating the Tax Class but I cannot find the Module for actually adding a RATE. It says its in the section settings under the Heading: Options, Tax, RSS ,Logos. Apparantly this is NOT the case as there is no entry to ADD the Tax Rate. How Do I ADD my Tax Rate to the Cart if I cannot locate it?

Your assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Brent
Site Admin

Post by Brent » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:15 pm

Go to geo zones. You fill find a sample geo zone for tax. Use that as an example.
After you have that set up, then go back to tax rates and you will now be able to create your taxes.

rayandlola

Post by rayandlola » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:02 am

Thanks again for the quick response. I followed the thread above and see now why I missed the Rate. I have the rate corrected as it was Showing VAT for UK. Now it is showing the Correct Rate for me in US but it is NOT displaying the Rate in the additional information tab on the product pages. It is still showing as "0" tax.

I assumed that once the information was entered correctly in the correct place it would automatically update the necessary configuration and display that rate.

Am I still missing something? I do apologize but like I said I am a complete novice and trying to work my way through.

leo
admin

Post by leo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Go to Admin/Catalog/Product/Product Detail Information tab and set Tax Class. Repeat this step per products.

rayandlola

Post by rayandlola » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi

That is what I thought but everyone is set to Taxable Goods as Tax Class. in Every product. That is the only option available apart from NONE. And that is the only box for entering anything to do with Tax.

rayandlola

Post by rayandlola » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi

Am just curious if you saw my last post. I did as was suggested and I now have a Tax rate in Place and went to settings/products and changed the taxable class link but the Tax rate is still NOT appearing in the item page under additional items.

Any ideas as to why not.