Catagories

Issues when installing or upgrading AlegroCart
Larry

Catagories

Post by Larry » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:54 pm

On my site www.allrussiastamps.com I had things up and working until today. I try adding a subcatagory and the program will not let me do this. The catagory name was to be Soviet Era. I wanted to make a subcatagory Regular Issues, and the porgram will not let me do this. I originally had the catagory USSR, but that somehow got deleated and I am not able to even recreate that. What happened.

Thank for the help.

admin@allrussiastamps.com
www.allrussiastamps.com

Brent
Site Admin

Re: Catagories

Post by Brent » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:33 pm

Not sure I understand when you say the program won't let you do that. What steps are you trying.

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:42 pm

I am trying to add a category to the catalog. To do this from the start to end here is what I did. 1) loged into admin area
2) clicked on Catalog 3) clicked on category 4) clicked on insert 5) put in category name 6) put in sort number 7) put in the category image 8) clicked on save I then get the error message that says "category name must be between 1 and 32 characters". No matter what name I put in for the category name I get this message. I have even tried clearing out my browser, but that did not help either. Am I missing a step or something?

Larry

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:10 pm

I found the problem and have fixed it for now. I am not sure on how to use the languages and set that part up. I had several countries listed and languages listed and I was just putting the information in the English section and leaving the rest of the languages blank. For now I have eliminated everything except US and English language and everything is back to working as before.

Larry
www.allrussiastamps.com

leo
admin

Post by leo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Yes, if you have different languages installed, you have to fill in every field marked by * before saving.

Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:29 am

Thank you very much for your assistance. If I want to use different countires tabs, do I have to input the information for that country in that country's language or can I fill in the information in english and the program will automatically translate into that language?

leo
admin

Post by leo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:55 am

If you set up your store in English and later you decide to add a new one, then the installer will duplicate the entries filled in English for that language. So, the program cannot translate it, just duplicate it, to not have empty fields.
Let's say, you crate a category with Category Name of "Test Category". If you install the French language pack the Category Name will be copied into the French tab, i.e. you will see "Test Category".