Instalation error

Issues when installing or upgrading AlegroCart
mike24williams

Instalation error

Post by mike24williams » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:48 pm

Hi all, I have a working system running on my local system which is running xampp. However When i upload to the server I get the following errors.:-

Warning: require(localhost:theroyalscam.co.uk\scamshop\library/locator.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/theroy18/public_html/scamshop/index.php on line 16

Warning: require(localhost:theroyalscam.co.uk\scamshop\library/locator.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/theroy18/public_html/scamshop/index.php on line 16

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'localhost:theroyalscam.co.uk\scamshop\library/locator.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/theroy18/public_html/scamshop/index.php on line 16

Please could some one offer me some help.

Best Regards

mike

Brent
Site Admin

Re: Instalation error

Post by Brent » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:11 am

Check to ensure the library was uploaded. Make sure the install directory is uploaded.
Check your config.php has proper paths.
Make sure common.php is uploaded.
The message states the locator file is not there.
If all files are in place, you need to consult your web host. It could be a configuration problem.

mike24williams

Post by mike24williams » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi Brent thanks for your quick reply.

I have re loaded all files to the server. and the errors are as below....

Warning: require(C:\xampp\htdocs\theroyalscam.co.uk\scamshop\library/locator.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/theroy18/public_html/scamshop/index.php on line 16

Warning: require(C:\xampp\htdocs\theroyalscam.co.uk\scamshop\library/locator.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/theroy18/public_html/scamshop/index.php on line 16

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\theroyalscam.co.uk\scamshop\library/locator.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/theroy18/public_html/scamshop/index.php on line 16

the fatal error is looking for C:xampp this is not correct should this be localhost or throyalscam.co.uk\scamshop......

best Regards
mike

mike24williams

Post by mike24williams » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi Brent,
I have changed the directory path but still get the errors.

Warning: require(localhost:\theroyalscam.co.uk\public_html\scamshop\library/locator.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/theroy18/public_html/scamshop/index.php on line 16

Warning: require(localhost:\theroyalscam.co.uk\public_html\scamshop\library/locator.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/theroy18/public_html/scamshop/index.php on line 16

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'localhost:\theroyalscam.co.uk\public_html\scamshop\library/locator.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/theroy18/public_html/scamshop/index.php on line 16
*****************************************************************************************
Looking at the paths It states /home/theroy18 ????? this is not in my config file.

I can send you my config file if it will help.

Best Regards

leo
admin

Post by leo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:10 pm

The problem is that you have uploaded all your files from your local computer to the server.
The installer modifies 2 files during the install and fills them in with necessary information to work AC correctly. They are .htaccess and config.php. If you simply upload these files from your pc to the server they will contain wrong information. That means you have to correct them.
If you do not know these data I suggest you to run the installer on the server, so that the correct config files will be created. After that you can overwrite the other files with yours. So, upload everything except for .htaccess and config.php.
Hope this helps.

mike24williams

Post by mike24williams » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi Leo,
Thanks for your reply.

I have re uploaded all files except the config and the .htaccess I get the errors below.

I enter into the browser www.theroyalscam.co.uk/scamshop should this initiate the install???

Don't I need the config file for connection to the data base.

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for config.php in /home/theroy18/public_html/scamshop/index.php on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/theroy18/public_html/scamshop/index.php:4) in /home/theroy18/public_html/scamshop/index.php on line 4

****************************************************************************************

Best Regards

mike

leo
admin

Post by leo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:40 pm

Download AC1.2.6 and upload all files and directories from the "Upload" directory into your scamshop dir on the server. It worth cleaning this directory before you upload the files.
Then www.theroyalscam.co.uk/scamshop will start the installer. Install AC and after then (only after then) upload your files except the 2 I have mentioned. I suppose you have modified files on your laptop. Theoretically it is enough to upload only the modified files to take effect.

mike24williams

Post by mike24williams » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:20 pm

hi leo,

thanks for your reply.

I cleared out the directory and uploaded the new version excluding the stated files.

but i still get the following when I try and access www.theroyalscam.co.uk/scamshop

**********************************************************************************************

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for config.php in /home/theroy18/public_html/scamshop/index.php on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/theroy18/public_html/scamshop/index.php:4) in /home/theroy18/public_html/scamshop/index.php on line 4

*****************************************************************************************************

best Regards

mike

leo
admin

Post by leo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:42 pm

According to the error you have uploaded you config.php from your xampp directory that is nor empty (file size is not zero). If you would like to start the installer the config.php must be empty!

mike24williams

Post by mike24williams » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:02 pm

Hi Leo,

defiantly no config.php file in the directory

Regards
mike